LONDON EVENING STANDARD
Over 400 food events throughout a single month in London
About LONDON EVENING STANDARD Food Month
More than 100,000 guests attended the UK's biggest food festival, celebrating the capital’s unrivaled food culture, while promoting social awareness around food waste and hunger.
Our award-winning campaign for London Evening Standard’s hugely successful, inaugural London Food Month consisted of 30 days and nights of 450 culinary events - breakfasts, lunches, dinners, masterclasses, supper clubs and midnight feasts - across London, fronted by the Mayor of London, curated by Grace Dent and Tom Parker-Bowles and featuring 40 Michelin Stars between our key participants, who included Angela Hartnett, Fergus Henderson, Dan Hunter, Ana Ros, Michel Roux Jr, Jamie Oliver and Massimo Bottura.
Our LFM campaign scored a number of notable firsts, including the midnight feast at Queen’s grocer Fortnum & Mason and The Groucho Club opening to the public for a series of lunches. The biggest coup was attracting a roll call of the world’s finest chefs to create meals for the homeless and vulnerable at the Refettorio Felix community kitchen in Earl’s Court.
The Kensington Night Market centerpiece was attended by more than 60,000 people, where more than 40 stall holders served their takes on street food over 12 evenings and two weekends.
More than 450 chefs, restaurants and venues took part throughout the month.
Cult Media oversaw the entire, integrated PR and communications campaign for the whole of the inaugural London Evening Standard Food Month, including its star-studded launch event, which culminated in the week-long, ‘Night Market’ at Kensington Palace.
Key details of campaign:
- We placed more than 1,536 pieces of quality broadcast, print and digital press
- 60,000 tickets were sold for the Night Market
- 80 tours and masterclasses were held
- 450 restaurants, bars, markets and pop-ups took part across the capital
- 20 exclusive supper clubs ran throughout LFM
- Our team liaised and worked closely with Michelin-starred chefs and restaurants before and during the month-long activation.
- We maximised press coverage, ensuring all messaging from affiliates was kept on-brand, in order to secure excellent ticket sales for the ‘Night Market’ event.
- We coordinated and managed a number of major events throughout the month, including a trade pre-launch to encourage restaurants to get involved (held at Fortnum & Mason), and the official launch party (at Banking Hall), as well as the Night Market launch and closing parties (at Perks Field, Kensington Palace)
- Cult acted as the central point of contact for London Food Month, bringing together sponsors and key partners such as Westfield, Cobra Beer, Ketel One, ESI Media, and more.
- The launch event attracted an illustrious line-up of guests, including George Osborne, the Helmsley Sisters, Grace Dent, Tom Parker-Bowles, Gizzi Erskine, Camilla Parker-Bowles, Jack Whitehall and many more - London Evening Standard Food Month was named Best New Event at the Event Awards.